Hampton Real Estate Search
Hampton Homes for Sale
Hampton is made up of lands originally shared by the towns of Pomfret and Windham. It was incorporated from the towns of Pomfret, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Mansfield, and Windham in 1786.
The Congregational Church is the second oldest church in the state still in use, with portions of the structure dating from 1754. Also preserved is “The House the Women Built,” a two-story building built in 1776 by Sally Bowers and other young women of the town while the men fought in the Continental Army. At Clark’s Corner there is a liberty pole dating from 1849. Erected by a resident named Jonathan Clark, it records the distance to Hartford and other towns.