Tip #1: Declutter
- Decluttering is important outside even in the winter. Store any brooms, shovels or salt containers in the shed or garage.
- Remove any children’s toys or winter activity apparatus; once again the importance of staging is to appeal to a wide array of potential buyers.
Tip #2: Clean Up Your Homes For Sale In Connecticut
- A clean and tidy deck or patio area will create the impression that your house is well maintained. After all, if you can’t be bothered to sweep up those dead leaves left over from autumn’s last gasp, what else are you neglecting? If there is snow, shovel it off of the deck and remember to put that shovel away in the shed or garage.
- If you are in between snow falls, rake up the leaves and pick up any garbage that might have blown into your backyard. It goes without saying, remember to pick up any pet droppings as well.
- It’s a good idea to remove any extra furniture or empty planters and store them in the garage.
Tip #3: Stage Your Deck
- Your furniture layout should always enhance a focal point. Similar to the indoor living space, this can be the view or perhaps a fire pit.
- As the winter weather can be harsh, any furniture placed outdoors for staging should be hardy. This can include wood, resin, or wrought iron.
- If your backyard is large, it is a good idea to create mini-conversation areas in order to showcase its size and the opportunities for entertainment. Keep in mind that you are appealing to the buyer’s sense of excitement about the possibility of a backyard oasis.
- Although for practical purposes you may keep your grill closer to the back door during the winter months, it is a great idea to place it in a specific entertainment area for staging purposes.
Tip #4: Add Lighting
- Just as indoor lighting creates ambiance, so too does outdoor lighting. This holds true during the long, dark winter months as well. Remember that cozy nook you created? Adding flameless candles in hurricane lamps, or hanging a string of lights above the intimate seating area, will only enhance the warm and welcoming setting.
Tip #5: Color and Texture
- Adding color will create a warm, inviting atmosphere even if the deck is being viewed from the back patio door. A welcoming living space can still be created through the changing seasons, simply by altering the colors presented. For instance, during the winter months a warm color such as a deep orange can be reminiscent of a fire burning in the hearth and thus create a feeling of warmth. Outdoor cushions are perfect for exposed areas, and for those lucky enough to have covered areas, regular cushions will add a touch of warmth, luxury and coziness.
- The addition of furry blankets and throws cannot be overdone. They lend another layer of texture, color, and cozy luxury to intimate seating areas. In fact, this theme can be amplified by staging an intimate, cozy nook using seating, pillows, furry blankets and perhaps a fire pit. To set the scene, a string of fairy lights can be wound around firewood and lit to complete the creation of the ideal seasonal charm.
- Another great way to add both color and texture is by placing an outdoor carpet on the deck. They can be found at many major retailers and are available in a myriad of colors and patterns. Furthermore, they are extremely hardy and very economical.
- Winter greenery in potted planters can add just the right amount of life to an otherwise sparse landscape. Pops of color can be injected with a variety of garden decorations suitable for the season.
5 Tips For Winter Staging, Venture One Realty has recognized that Connecticut Homeowners need and want a way to keep more of their hard earned equity when selling their home. Our Clients save Thousands of Dollars without sacrificing the services that are critical to maximizing the sale price of their home. We offer all the same MLS exposure, marketing tools, technology, quality of service, expertise, and personal attention as the Other Realty Companies but without the costly Real Estate Commission. You pay only 1%. We are a full-service Real Estate Agency that will manage the entire home selling process from listing to closing. You get everything you would expect from a traditional Real Estate Agent but with the added benefit of working with a technology-enabled and customer-focused team of Agents. Our results speak for themselves.